Level II Trauma Center in northern Virginia
If you are critically injured in Fairfax County, Reston Hospital Center is here for you. As a Level II Trauma Center, we provide immediate access to trauma surgeons and medical specialists who provide life-saving treatment.
If someone is experiencing an emergency, always call 911 first. For more information about our trauma center, please call (877) 689-3627.
High-quality trauma care
Receiving care at a designated trauma center could make the difference between life and death. If you are treated within an hour of your incident, or the “golden hour”, your chances of survival increase. Our specially trained physicians, surgeons and medical professionals are prepared to provide you with critical medical care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Our Level II Trauma Center offers:
- A comprehensive team of trauma-trained and board-certified surgeons across varying specialties
- Prompt assessment, resuscitation, surgical care, intensive care and stabilization for critically injured patients
- A helipad for quick transport from an accident to our trauma center or to another medical center, if necessary
- A comprehensive program to regularly review our care standards based on national standards published by the American College of Surgeons and the American College of Emergency Physicians
- A program to evaluate quality and provide staff with ongoing education to ensure we continue to provide high-quality care to the community
- A community outreach program to help prevent injury for people in the Northern Virginia region
Trauma care before you arrive
Trauma care begins with our emergency medical services (EMS) partners. These specialists have knowledge and experience in trauma care that allow them to make split-second, life-saving decisions that prepare you to be cared for at Reston Hospital.
We work closely with our EMS partners to provide critical care before you even arrive to our hospital. In most cases, the EMS staff and our trauma team are communicating and preparing for your arrival.