Award-winning back and neck care in Northern Virginia
When you have back pain from spinal stenosis or other condition, you want a team of back doctors working together to pinpoint the cause and recommend safe and effective treatment. Reston Hospital Center's spine specialists offer Northern Virginia's most innovative nonsurgical and surgical care for back pain - including minimally invasive, robotic-assisted techniques.
Our team includes board-certified and fellowship trained spine surgeons, neurosurgeons, physiatrists, anesthesiologists, pain management specialists, and family practitioners who work together to provide whole-patient care. We also have specialists dedicated to scoliosis and treatment of spinal deformities.
Reston Hospital Center has received the National Gold Seal of Approval from the Joint Commission.
Reston Hospital Center has been recognized as a 2019 5-Star recipient for Spinal Fusion Surgery.
Health Risk Assessments
Find out how healthy you are by taking our FREE online health risk assessments:
When spine surgery is your best option
The renowned spine surgeons at Reston Hospital Center lead the way regionally and nationally in spine surgery. Our surgeons perform over 1,600 spine surgeries annually. Reston Hospital Center is also one of only eight Visiting Clinician Programs (VCP) in the United States where surgeons from around the world come to train on the latest technology.
Advanced Mazor X Technology
In 2016, Reston Hospital Center was the first hospital in Northern Virginia - and only the 14th in the nation - to use the Mazor X Renaissance™ Surgical Guidance System for minimally invasive, robotic-assisted spine surgery. Today, Reston Hospital Center is the first hospital in the nation to offer robotic-assisted minimally invasive spine surgery using the Mazor X™ Stealth Edition System.
Further, we offer advanced diagnostic imaging tools, including 3.0 Tesla MRI, an open MRI and a CT scanner with tumor localization to allow for more precise diagnosis and treatment. Our minimally invasive surgery means less trauma to muscles and tissue, resulting in shorter operations, less pain after surgery, and faster recovery. Many patients go home within a day or two.
To schedule an evaluation with one of our surgeons, call (877) 689-3627
Center for Scoliosis and Spinal Deformities
The Center for Scoliosis and Spinal Deformities at Reston Hospital Center specializes in the care and treatment of the most complex scoliosis and spinal deformity conditions. Bringing together nationally recognized doctors, innovative technology and break-through treatment options, we offer accessible, specialized care in one location. Our team approach provides seamlessly coordinated care by top specialists and support services for patients with lifelong or evolving deformities.
With you every step of the way – before surgery and beyond
At Reston Hospital Center, you receive personalized care throughout your spine care journey. We're here every step of the way with nurse navigation, case management, and care coordination customized to your needs.
In addition to advanced diagnostics, our hospital also offers pain management services and physical therapy and rehabilitation. This means you get everything you need in one place.
Why choose Reston Hospital Center for spine care
- Joint Commission Certification. Our Spine program has received the gold seal of approval from the Joint Commission.
- Continuous recognition for quality and safety. Healthgrades, a leader in making information about physicians and hospitals more accessible and transparent, gives our spinal fusion surgery and patient safety a five-star rating for excellent outcomes year after year.
- Advanced diagnostic imaging tools. Including the only 3.0 Tesla MRI in Northern Virginia, an open MRI, and a large-opening CT scanner with tumor localization that allow for more precise diagnosis and treatment.
- Care in a full-service hospital. If you need surgery, it's at a hospital with all the services and amenities you need for a comfortable recovery. Our recently renovated, state-of-the-art operating suites and private patient rooms means you receive the best possible care.
- Free valet parking for hospital services. To make life more convenient, we offer free valet parking at Pavilion II, weekdays from 6 a.m. to 8:30 p.m., and at the emergency room, 24/7.
Spine care treatments and conditions
- Degenerative disc disease
- Digital biplane angiography
- Disc replacement surgery
- Herniated disc treatment
- Interventional spine procedures
- Nerve stimulation techniques
- Osteoarthritis care
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Scoliosis and kyphosis treatment
- Spinal fusion
- Spinal injections (epidurals)
- Spinal stenosis and myelopathy
- Spinal tumors and cancer
- Spine care
- Spine fractures
- Spine infection care
- Spondylolisthesis care
Spine Program Navigator
Ashly Malliarakis is an experienced registered nurse (RN) and serves as the Spine Program Navigator for Reston Hospital Center. In this role, Ashly works in very close contact with patients and our spine surgeons. Ashly helps maintain the connection and communication between patients, nursing and medical staff. Ashly is both an advocate and a resource to help our patients navigate a successful spine surgery journey. She is instrumental in helping educate our patients on what to expect before, during and after surgery. Further, she helps lead the education of nursing staff and internal team members on spine-specific care. Ashly is also responsible for tracking and trending quality and surgical performance data and partnering with our care team to implement continuous process improvement initiatives to ensure that we are offering the best care to our patients and referring physician community.