Northern Virginia's first choice for shoulder replacement surgery
If you experience constant shoulder pain, our orthopedic specialists can help by performing shoulder replacement surgery (shoulder arthroplasty). Our shoulder surgeons in Reston will help you return to a pain-free lifestyle and improve your range of motion, even if you have been told there are no options for your condition.
Call our physician referral service to find an orthopedic specialist near you at (877) 689-3627.
Reston Hospital offers the full range of shoulder replacement surgeries, including:
- Total shoulder replacement surgery: This surgery replaces both the parts of the ball-and-socket shoulder joint because both parts of the joint are damaged or diseased.
- Partial shoulder replacement surgery: This type of shoulder replacement surgery only replaces the ball portion of the shoulder joint because the socket is not damaged.
- Reverse shoulder replacement surgery: In this surgery, your orthopedic surgeon reverses the normal ball-and-socket relationship to create a more stable joint.
- Shoulder revision surgery: This type of surgery may be performed if you previously had a shoulder replacement surgery that did not relieve your pain or if your joint is damaged again.
Comprehensive shoulder replacement program
Our patients choose our Reston shoulder replacement program for:
- Personalized care and support: At Reston Hospital, you receive personalized care throughout your joint replacement journey. We also offer a total joint nurse navigator who serves as your personal resource, providing education and assistance before and after surgery.
- Board-certified orthopedic surgeons: Your surgical care comes from board-certified joint doctors and specialists in orthopedic care. Most of our doctors are also fellowship trained in their field.
- Free valet parking for hospital services: To make surgery more convenient, we offer free valet parking at Pavilion II, weekdays from 6am - 8:30pm.
- Specialized facilities: Reston Hospital has state-of-the-art operating suites and an entire hospital wing dedicated to our joint replacement surgeries to ensure the best possible outcome for your shoulder replacement surgery.
Shoulder replacement recovery
Reston Therapy & Fitness Center, our on-site physical therapy and rehabilitation center, offers outpatient therapies to assist you on your road to recovery. Your orthopedic surgeon and rehab team will create a personalized therapy regimen for you.
Depending on your condition, rehabilitation may begin the day of surgery, and you can continue to receive outpatient therapy with us after you are discharged from the hospital.
Candidates for shoulder replacement surgery
Shoulder replacement surgery may be an option for you if other treatments have not relieved your shoulder pain. Call (877) 689-3627 to schedule your appointment with one of our shoulder joint experts if you have any of the following shoulder problems:
- Experience shoulder pain or stiffness that interferes with your daily life
- Have pain that wakes you up at night
- Are unable to move your arms above your head or have limited range of motion