Advanced joint pain relief in Northern Virginia
Joint pain can limit your mobility and function and keep you from doing what you love. The skilled orthopedic surgeons at Reston Hospital Center are experts in arthritis and joint pain relief. Using advanced technology, we identify the cause of your joint pain and provide the most effective care to get you moving again.
From physical therapy and rehabilitation at our hospital-based Reston Therapy & Fitness Center to minimally invasive and robotic-assisted total joint replacement, our entire team is focused helping you get back to leading normal life without joint pain.
Health Risk Assessment
Find out how healthy your joints are by taking our FREE online health risk assessments
When total joint replacement surgery is your best option
When other treatments don't provide joint pain relief, joint replacement surgery may be your best option. At our full-service hospital in Reston, our joint replacement program includes innovative services and comprehensive care before, during and after surgery.
- Advanced Hip and Knee Replacement Program Certification from the Joint Commission, the nation’s leading authority on quality and continuous improvement in healthcare
- 2019 Patient Safety Excellence Award from Healthgrades, the leading online resource for comprehensive information about physicians and hospitals
- Recognized as leaders in robotic-assisted technology as the first hospital in Virginia to use minimally invasive Mako™ Robotic Technology to perform joint replacement surgery.
Why choose Reston Hospital Center for joint care
- Excellent joint replacement outcomes. In fact, 92% of our patients are up and walking within hours of their joint replacement procedure. Our complication rate and time in the hospital beats the national average. This means our patients are recovering faster, feeling better and going home sooner.
- Nurse navigator dedicated to your care. Your personal Total Joint Nurse Navigator is by your side providing preoperative education and assistance every step of the way. This helps ensure you have the best possible outcome.
- Facilities dedicated to joint replacement care. Reston's renovated state-of-the-art operating suites and an entire hospital wing are dedicated to our joint replacement patients. This includes private patient rooms and a physical therapy gym with a practice staircase and car to help establish confidence in your new joint before you go home.
- Board-certified orthopedic specialists. Your care comes from board-certified joint specialists. Most of our surgeons are also fellowship trained in their field.
- Free valet parking for hospital services. To make life more convenient, we offer free valet valet parking at Pavillion II, weekdays from 6 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Nurse navigator for total joint replacement
We are pleased to have a dedicated Total Joint Nurse Navigator to help guide you through the process and coordinate your care. Our navigator can help address any questions and concern regarding your care here at Reston Hospital Center. She can be reached at (703) 689-9021.
Total Joint Nurse Navigator - Kylie Murphy, RN
Our Total Joint Nurse Navigator assists patients throughout their entire continuum of care from the time your joint replacement surgery is scheduled to your follow up with your personal physician. Kylie assists with education, introduces you to key team members involved in your surgery and serves as both an advocate and resource for those difficult questions that come up both before and after your joint replacement procedure. She routinely tracks key outcome data and works with our surgeons to ensure that we are providing the best, evidence-based care to every patient. Our navigator also helps educate our nursing staff and other internal team members on the needs and expectations of joint specific care to ensure that you have the best possible experience. Most importantly, she functions as a liaison between your surgeon, your care team and you. Kylie can be reached at (703) 689-9021.