Cancer resources and support in Reston, Virginia
At Reston Hospital Center, we're in your neighborhood, and we care about your health. In addition to cancer support groups and personalized oncology services, you have access to our expert oncology staff, cancer educational materials, clinical trial information and an oncology patient library of resources. Our Oncology Social Worker and Breast Care Nurse Navigator are available to guide you through your journey with cancer and to help you manage stress and other challenges that can accompany a cancer diagnosis.
To find a cancer specialist or to speak to a nurse 24/7, please call (877) 689-3627.
Cancer support groups
Each month, you can participate in support groups geared to your individual needs, including:
- With Friends: This monthly support group for women breast cancer survivors is available to women in all stages of diagnosis, treatment and recovery. It meets the first Wednesday of each month from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Reston Hospital's Women's Imaging Center (1860 Town Center Parkway, Suite 400). For more information or to sign up, please contact our Breast Care Nurse Navigator at (703) 639-9494 or email@example.com.
- Prostate Cancer Support and Education Group: This support group is for men, spouses and partners of men facing prostate cancer. Share stories, learn from others and find emotional strength and support from peers. It meets the second Monday of each month from 7pm - 9pm at Reston Hospital Center (1850 Town Center Parkway, Pavilion II Classrooms A&B except for the months of July and August. For more information or to sign up, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our oncology social worker can assist you in finding other support groups and in the area for a variety of cancer types. For more information, contact Anneke Geel, Oncology Social Worker, at (703) 639-9579 or email@example.com.
Cancer survivorship: navigating your next chapter
We help you plan for the next phase of life, whether your life returns to the way it was prior to your diagnosis, or you face a new normal.
We can help you address concerns about your physical health, emotional well-being or finances to help you move forward productively.
We also offer rehabilitation services to help restore your quality of life.
At Reston Hospital, we believe in the benefits of cancer education and prevention, so you are likely to find us in your neighborhood participating in community events, like:
- Health fairs, seminars and low-cost screenings
- American Cancer Society's Relay for Life
- Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure
- The Leuekemia and Lymphoma Society’s Light the Night walk
- The Lung Cancer Alliance’s Shine a Light on Lung Cancer vigil
- Partnership with the Tigerlily Foundation supporting young women with cancer
- Events held by local cancer support organizations, such as the StepSisters and the IIIB’s Foundation
- Runway to the Cure, supporting breast cancer patients and research
- Pink Bake Sale Fundraiser at Reston Hospital to support breast cancer awareness