When seeking either an adult or pediatric speech therapist in Northern Virginia, trust the top tier specialists at Reston Therapy & Fitness Center to help aid oral rehabilitation. Our speech therapy team can assess, diagnose, treat and help prevent disorders related to speech, language, cognitive communication, voice and swallowing. Our highly experienced speech-language pathologists are certified by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA).
Oral conditions we treat
The Reston speech therapy and pathology team cares for patients with a variety of needs and diagnoses, including:
- ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, or Lou Gehrig's disease)
- Aphasia, apraxia, dysarthria, dysphonia, and other neurologically based disorders
- Cognitive disorders
- Dysphagia (swallowing difficulty or discomfort)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) and globus sensation
- Head injury
- Head and neck cancer
- Parkinson's disease and multiple sclerosis
- Stroke (cerebrovascular accident, or CVA) and TIA (transient ischemic attack)
Speech & language treatment
Our Northern Virginia-based speech therapists and pathologists will always develop the proper rehabilitation plan in the effort to help you reach your highest motor, neurological and overall oral capabilities. We provide a wide range of services to help you achieve the highest possible level of speech fluency and/or swallowing ability.
- Aphasia - treatment focusing on reading, writing, speaking, comprehension, word finding and math skills
- Cognition and memory – developing strategies for patients to use to improve attention, problem solving and memory
- Facial weakness – emphasizing the movement and coordination of weakened facial muscles in therapy to improve the quality of speech
- Swallowing – using modified barium swallow studies (MBS), a videofluoroscopy, an X-ray analyzing an individual’s swallowing biomechanics, swallowing exercises and patient education on identifying appropriate diet textures, speech therapy patients will be able to reduce the risk of aspiration and improve swallowing ability
- Voice – Concentrating on patients with organic or functional voice disorders, our speech therapists and pathologists will be able to aid an individual’s vocal quality, reduce vocal cord abuse, manage nodules, optimize breathing patterns and increase speaking volume
Get started today
To get started, you'll need your insurance information and a dated prescription from your doctor providing your diagnosis.
Before your first appointment, we first require that you download and complete the patient registration form. Bring this paperwork, your prescription, insurance card and photo ID to your first office visit. Dress in comfortable clothing
Our weekly office hours for physical therapy appointments are as follows:
Monday - Thursday | 6:30am - 7:30pm
Friday | 6:30am - 3:00pm
To schedule an appointment with a member of our speech therapy team or if you would like more information about our services offered, reach out to our staff on the office’s direct phone line at (703) 689-9250. If you have already met with a member from our staff and they have recommended a modified barium or videofluoroscopy swallow study be completed, call (703) 689-9310 to reach the specialists in charge of those procedures directly.