Having a baby is a miraculous event you'll remember for the rest of your life.
At Reston Hospital Center, our Women's Care team is committed to making your pregnancy and birth experience safe and joyful—putting you and your baby at the center of everything we do.
Providing Expert, Compassionate Care
Reston Hospital is recognized throughout the region for providing pregnancy and birth services that meet the highest standards of care. When you rely on us for your maternity care, you benefit from:
- Comprehensive services, from prenatal education to help with caring for your new baby
- An experienced, highly trained staff working as a team to care for you and your family
- Personalized care in a compassionate, family-centered environment close to home
- The latest technology and evidence-based best practices to ensure a safe pregnancy and birth
- Our Baby-Friendly Hospital initiative, helping moms practice the 10 steps outlined by the World Health Organization to encourage safe and successful breastfeeding and optimal levels of mother/baby bonding
- Our Patient Family Advisory Council of parents who have given birth at Reston Hospital, which recommends continuous improvements and innovative approaches to our care
Pregnancy Classes and Maternity Center Tours
During pregnancy, a small percentage of women develop diabetes—the inability to regulate blood sugar levels properly. Learn about our classes and care for women with gestational diabetes.
Labor and Delivery
Experience our superior, personalized care before, during and after delivery in our spacious, private birthing rooms large enough for family members to help welcome your newborn.
Learn more about labor and delivery at Reston Hospital.
If your baby requires specialized medical attention, our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) offers peace of mind and the highest standards of care.
If you don't yet have an obstetrician/gynecologist (OB/GYN)–a doctor who delivers babies and cares for women's health–it's important to find one early in your pregnancy to ensure proper care for you and your baby. All of Reston Hospital Center's OB/GYN physician specialists are board-certified and meet the highest professional standards.
You may wish to talk with several doctors to find a good fit before making your choice.
In addition, Reston Anesthesia provides anesthetic care during labor and delivery when needed for pain relief or a cesarean delivery.
Labor and Delivery Hospitalist Services
Reston Hospital Center's OB/GYN hospitalist program allows hospital-based, OB/GYN physicians (hospitalists) to focus on providing consistent care to our patients while in the hospital, as well as emergent care to those arriving in Labor and Delivery. To support this initiative, we have partnered with Ob Hospitalist Group (OBHG), the industry's largest dedicated OB/GYN hospitalist provider.
Our shared mission is to elevate the standard of women's healthcare by ensuring every expectant mother is evaluated and treated by a physician regardless of time, location, complication or circumstance.
OB/GYN Physician Availability
- Board Certified, OB/GYN hospitalists are immediately available on-site 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- In the event that your physician is not available, OB/GYN hospitalists can examine you, evaluate the progress of your labor, review test results and fetal heart rate tracings. They will address any evolving issues and provide you and your baby with a safe delivery.
- Due to their primary focus of hospital-based treatment, hospitalists are experts at providing emergent care and are on-site if an emergency occurs.
- Our hospitalists will be in communication with your physician and will have access to your prior medical records.
Highly Skilled Physicians
- If your physician is unavailable or delayed reaching the hospital, a Board Certified OB/GYN hospitalist can provide medical expertise and optimal patient care, as well as answer any questions you or your family may have.
- Our hospitalists are highly skilled in a variety of different delivery techniques.
- In addition to being board certified, our hospitalists are required to maintain high levels of clinical performance and professional standards.
- Hospitalists place a high value on maintaining communication with other professionals within the hospital including your physician, medical and surgical consultants, discharge planners, social workers, clergy and others.
- OB/GYN hospitalists can expedite care for you and can easily facilitate connections with providers of home health care, skilled nursing, specialized rehabilitation and others.
- Being hospital-based, the OB/GYN hospitalists will always be on-site to visit you, monitor progress or discuss your questions/concerns or those of your family.
The Best for You and Your Baby
You want the best care for you and your baby. And so do we. Your physician will make sure the OB/GYN hospitalist on-site has your complete medical records. The OB/GYN hospitalist caring for you in your doctor's absence will deliver a complete treatment report to your doctor so your continued treatment is thorough and consistent. Reston Hospital Center, is committed to providing excellent patient care and delivering the best outcome possible with every patient encounter. The OBHG hospitalist program is a key component in elevating the standard of women's healthcare and increasing patient safety and satisfaction of women, newborns and their families.
Preregister for Your Delivery
To save time, preregister online.
Choosing a pediatrician is another vital step in preparing for your new baby. You may want to ask your obstetrician for recommendations, or use our online physician referral service.
If your pediatrician does not have practice privileges at Reston Hospital, our pediatricians and neonatologists will provide excellent care for your baby until you're ready to go home. You'll also get your baby's newborn evaluation to help you coordinate care with the pediatrician or healthcare provider you've chosen.
After Your Baby Arrives
Once your baby is here, we'll take good care of everyone. We offer family-centered attention and sleep accommodations for your significant other. Our lactation consultants and Baby-Friendly Hospital practices help you and your baby get a good start with breastfeeding.
Learn about all the ways we care for you and your baby.