Fairfax County is currently experiencing very high rates of flu, and we are restricting visitation in our Women’s and Children’s areas. This includes Labor and Delivery, Postpartum, NICU, and Pediatrics.
For Labor and Delivery and Postpartum – only mom and her chosen partner will be allowed on the units.
For NICU and Pediatrics – only parents and legal guardians will be allowed to visit.
No siblings, friends or extended family will be allowed on the units at this time. We appreciate your understanding in keeping our patients safe from the FLU.
Having a baby is a miraculous event you'll remember for the rest of your life. At Reston Hospital Center, our Women's Care team is committed to making your pregnancy and birth experience safe and joyful—putting you and your baby at the center of everything we do.
Expert, Compassionate Care
Reston Hospital is recognized throughout the region for providing pregnancy and birth services that meet the highest standards of care. When you rely on us for your maternity care, you benefit from:
- Comprehensive services, from prenatal education to help with caring for your new baby
- An experienced, highly trained staff working as a team to care for you and your family
- Personalized care in a compassionate, family-centered environment close to home
- The latest technology and evidence-based best practices to ensure a safe pregnancy and birth
- Our Baby-Friendly Hospital initiative, helping moms practice the 10 steps outlined by the World Health Organization to encourage safe and successful breastfeeding and optimal levels of mother/baby bonding
- Our Patient Family Advisory Council of parents who have given birth at Reston Hospital, which recommends continuous improvements and innovative approaches to our care
Pregnancy Classes and Maternity Center Tours
During pregnancy, a small percentage of women develop diabetes—the inability to regulate blood sugar levels properly. Learn about our classes and care for women with gestational diabetes.
Labor and Delivery
Experience our superior, personalized care before, during and after delivery in our spacious, private birthing rooms large enough for family members to help welcome your newborn.
Learn more about labor and delivery at Reston Hospital.
If your baby requires specialized medical attention, our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) offers peace of mind and the highest standards of care.
Labor and Delivery Hospitalist Services
Reston Hospital Center's OB/GYN hospitalist program allows hospital-based, OB/GYN physicians (hospitalists) to focus on providing consistent care to our patients while in the hospital, as well as emergent care to those arriving in Labor and Delivery. To support this initiative, we have partnered with Ob Hospitalist Group (OBHG), the industry's largest dedicated OB/GYN hospitalist provider.
Learn more about our OB/GYN hospitalist program.
After Your Baby Arrives
Once your baby is here, we'll take good care of everyone. We offer family-centered attention and sleep accommodations for your significant other. Our lactation consultants and Baby-Friendly Hospital practices help you and your baby get a good start with breastfeeding.
Learn about all the ways we care for you and your baby.