Reston Hospital Center ER
When an emergency strikes, you need to know where to go. Reston Hospital Center’s emergency room is open 24/7, providing your family with excellent emergency care close to home. Our ER doctors and nurses treat ill or injured patients with the most advanced technologies and provide the compassionate care your family deserves.
Find out what to expect when you visit the ER.
With 30 exam rooms and short ER wait times, our emergency room is Reston’s first choice for emergency care.
Our ER’s highlights include:
- Emergency room is staffed by board-certified physicians, nurses and clinical staff certified in emergency medicine, emergency nursing, adult and pediatric advanced life support.
- Our ER staff is specially trained to meet the unique physical and emotional needs of injured or sick children, providing them with the bedside manner you would want for your child.
- The facility is an Accredited Chest Pain Center and Primary Stroke Center, national recognitions for excellence in emergency heart and stroke care.
- Advanced technologies and procedures are available for cardiology patients, including cardiac stenting and angioplasty for heart attacks and induced hypothermia therapy.
- ER wait times are available online, so your family can make an informed decision when you need an emergency room. You can also get our average ER wait times via text message (text "ER" to 32222).
- Our ER includes a program similar to urgent care, called ED Stat, where specific rooms are available to treat minor illnesses and injuries quickly.
- Artemis software is used to deliver the most accurate pediatric care as quickly as possible.
Primary ER services
Our ER provides specialized treatment day and night for a wide range of emergencies, including:
- Pediatric care – because the smallest patients need special care
- Heart attack
- Bone injuries
We also provide urgent care services for minor illnesses and injuries for patients of all ages.