The fight against cancer is never easy–physically, emotionally or spiritually. That's why it helps to have an experienced and caring partner to share your journey, every step of the way.
Expert Cancer Care Close to You
The skilled cancer professionals at Reston Hospital deliver advanced oncology care in a compassionate setting close to home. We treat nearly every type of cancer using both traditional methods–surgery, chemotherapy, radiation–and innovations such as Trilogy™ targeted external beam radiation and high-dose (HDR) internal radiation. When you choose Reston Hospital for cancer care, you also gain access to clinical trials that offer treatments typically unavailable elsewhere.
Your First Choice for Cancer Care
Reston Hospital offers the same advanced technology and treatments you expect at every outstanding hospital. You benefit from:
- Comprehensive, coordinated and customized cancer care–screening and prevention through diagnosis, treatment, follow-up and survivorship –including rapid scheduling for treatment after test results
- Cancer-fighting expertise recognized by the Commission on Cancer (CoC) and accredited by the American College of Surgeons (ACoS)
- Ann B. Rodriguez Cancer Center, a single comfortable and welcoming location on the Reston Hospital campus to help manage your cancer care through our ACoS-accredited Comprehensive Community Cancer Program
- Cancer care teams with members from multiple disciplines and specialties that review your case with cancer-specific tumor boards and develop your personal care plan
- Expanded radiation oncology services, including:
- Varian Trilogy linear accelerator (LINAC) with cone beam imaging
- CT simulator with respiratory correlation for accurate radiation treatment planning
- Advanced technology to perform stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS) and stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT)
- High dose rate (HDR) treatment for cancers of the breast, head, neck and prostate, as well as gynecologic and pulmonary cancers
- SMART ARC to deliver intensity modulated volumetric arc therapy
- Greater accuracy in diagnosis and staging of lung, esophageal and thoracic cancers with endobronchial ultrasound (EBUS)
- Breast Imaging Center of Excellence at Reston Hospital's Women's Imaging Center, certified by the American College of Radiology (ACR)
- Breast Center of Excellence designation and full three-year accreditation from the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC)
- Specialized nursing certifications — Certified Breast Care Nurse (CBCN) through the Oncology Nursing Society; Certified Breast Patient Navigator in Breast Imaging and Cancer (CBPN-IC) from the National Consortium of Breast Centers (NCBC); Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) designation in chemotherapy administration from the Oncology Nursing Society
- Participation in the Cancer Registry, which focuses on collecting data about cancer cases, and the National Cancer Data Base (NCDB), which explores trends in cancer care and creates regional and state benchmarks for hospital quality improvements
- Extensive surgical services provided by members of our Institute for Robotics & Advanced Minimally Invasive Surgery, including the da Vinci® robotic-assisted system used for prostate, gynecologic, lung, thoracic and other cancers
- PearlPointSM Nutrition Services - PearlPointSM Nutrition Services, the nutrition arm of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS), provides free nutrition education and consultations to patients and caregivers of all cancer types. A registered dietitian with expertise in oncology nutrition can assist patients and caregivers with healthy eating strategies, side effect management, and survivorship nutrition as well as provide additional online and local resources. Personalized consultations are available by phone or email.
- The Step Sisters Support Services - Step Sisters identifies patients who are struggling with transportation, childcare or other things which could hinder treatment. By partnering with The Step Sisters, we can then provide services to those that need a hand during one of the most difficult times in their lives.
Our Cancer Care Team
Our cancer care team involves a diverse group of skilled medical professionals who know and focus on cancer, including:
- Medical, surgical and radiation oncologists
- Oncology nurses
- Gynecologists and gynecologic oncologists
- Plastic, reconstructive and general surgeons
- Primary care physicians
- Radiologists and interventional radiologists
- Genitourinary oncologists and urologists
- Social workers
- Occupational therapists and other rehabilitation therapists
- Personal trainers
- Financial counselors
- Legal support
Oncology Certified Nurses
Many members of our compassionate, caring and highly trained nursing staff pursue advanced education in oncology and the specialized training required to achieve the designation as oncology certified nurse (OCN). You benefit from their commitment to the profession and to delivering expert care.
At Reston Hospital, we feel strongly about the benefits of cancer education and prevention, so you're likely to find us in your neighborhood offering services and participating in community events, such as:
- Health fairs, seminars and low-cost screenings
- American Cancer Society's Relay for Life
- Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure
- Look Good...Feel Better® programs with the American Cancer Society
- With Friends breast cancer support group
- Breast Cancer Survivor's Tea at Trump National Golf Course
- Partnership with the Tigerlily Foundation supporting young women with cancer
- Shine a Light on Lung Cancer candlelight vigil national outreach for lung cancer awareness
- Pink Bake Sale and Fundraiser to support breast cancer awareness
- American Cancer Society's Man to Man support group for men currently diagnosed with cancer
- Friends Like Me, a support group for long-term survivors of breast cancer
Our medical professionals also bring their expertise to your community group, support group, company, business or professional organization as speakers and presenters who provide cancer education for prevention. Call Reston Hospital's Physician Relations at (703) 689-9566 to make arrangements.
More Reston Hospital Cancer Resources
Explore cancer care in our online Health Library.