At Reston Hospital Center, we want you to feel comfortable and prepared for your outpatient visit, hospital stay or surgery. We use the latest medical technologies to offer a wide range of inpatient and outpatient procedures.
At least 48 hours before your procedure, schedule a preoperative (pre-op) appointment with our Same Day Surgery department, Mon - Fri: 8:00am - 5:30pm. Call (703) 689-9005 and choose option 1.
We value your time and make every effort to conduct pre-op appointments by phone. If we need to meet with you in person, plan for your appointment to last from 30 minutes to one hour.
If you require laboratory services or EKG testing, our admitting department offers a full-service laboratory for your convenience. Read your insurance policy to check if it covers lab tests at our facility. If you must use a different laboratory, ask that facility to send your results to Reston Hospital's Same Day Surgery department by fax–(703) 689-9206–at least 48 hours before your procedure.
Take time before your upcoming procedure or hospital stay to review your insurance coverage and make sure you're prepared to pay your copay or deductible. If you're unsure of your specific coverage, call your insurance company in advance.
You also can preregister online for your stay to save time at check-in.
Items You Need for Admission
- All active insurance cards
- A list of all medications you currently take
- Photo identification, such as a driver's license
- Social Security number
- Living will, personal health record, and other advance directives, if you have them
- HMO/PPO referral forms, if required
- Medical records, X-ray films or previous test results, if your physician has requested them
- Written letter of authorization from your insurance carrier, if you're covered by worker's compensation
- A check or credit card for deductibles, copayments or deposits
Items You Need for Your Stay
- Personal toiletries, such as shampoo, toothpaste and toothbrush
- Bathrobe and slippers or socks
- A list with names, doses and schedules of all medications you take on a routine basis; do not bring any of these medications with you to the hospital unless your doctor writes an order for you to do so
- Glasses, dentures, hearing aids or any other assistive device you may need
- Clothes to wear when you go home
We also recommend you leave your valuable items, such as jewelry, portable electronic devices and money at home.
Learn how to submit a request for medical records so that your records may be sent to yourself or a doctor's office.
Your doctor's office will give you specific information about preparing for an upcoming procedure or hospital stay, but we've also provided some basic suggestions to help you prepare for your visit.
- Verify that your procedure is covered by your insurance carrier.
- Get information about what to expect before, during and after your specific medical procedure at our online Health Library.
- Learn more about preparing for surgery at Reston Hospital.
- Contact your primary physician if you have questions, or call our 24/7 information helpline at (877) 689-DOCS (3627).
Your physician will provide additional directions on prepping for your procedure. We also offer interactive tutorials with in-depth, easy-to-understand explanations for many procedures performed at Reston Hospital. To view these tutorials, you'll need an access code from your doctor or the hospital.
Upon arrival at the Reston Hospital Center campus, park in the complimentary parking garage located behind the main hospital, off of Town Center Drive. You can find the parking garage depicted on the campus map.
Appropriate Hospital Entrance
You should enter through the Hospital Pavilion II entrance to access Patient Registration. To access this entrance, after parking in the parking garage, be sure to exit the garage at the side facing the 1830 Building on the campus map. Exit the garage and follow the sidewalk up to Town Center Drive, cross the entrance to the parking lot and stay on the sidewalk in front of the 1830 Building. Proceed down the sidewalk in front of the 1830 building, along Town Center Drive, until you reach the circle drive. Cross Town Center Drive in the crosswalk and proceed up the sidewalk to the Pavilion II entrance, found on the campus map just to the left of the small helicopter.
Once you enter the Pavilion II vestibule, proceed to the lobby and turn right. Pass to the right of the information desk and enter the Patient Registration area. This area can be found on the 1st floor map. Next, check-in with the Patient Registration representative at the desk immediately to your right after entering the Patient Registration area. You will then be asked to have a seat until a Patient Registration representative is available to complete your check-in. Once your check-in has been completed you will be directed to wait in the Surgical Waiting Area just outside of Patient Registration until one of our Pre-Op Holding nurses comes to get you.
While you are in pre-op holding and surgery your loved ones are invited to wait for you in our Surgical Waiting Area. There is a tracker board in this area so they can keep track of whether you are in pre-op holding, surgery or recovery. While waiting, your guests have access to the hospital’s complimentary Wi-Fi service and can purchase refreshments from our cafeteria, gift shop, Lentine’s Coffee Bar or vending areas, all outlined on the 1st floor map.