Visitation policy update
Reston Hospital Center has revised our visitation policy to allow one adult (18+) visitor per day on all units including the Emergency Department. However, visitors for patients on the COVID-19 unit/patient’s confirmed or under investigation for COVID-19 are not permitted for the safety of our patients, visitors and staff.
Each day, a single visitor will be permitted. We do not permit a rotation of visitors daily. Visiting hours are between 6:00am and 8:00pm. All inpatient visitors will be provided a daily wristband after passing through our standard COVID-19 screening protocol. Visitors will also be required to wear a mask per our universal masking protocol.
Reston Hospital Center – Safe and Secure
To reduce the spread of respiratory illness, we are taking the following precautions to protect our patients and you:
- Visitors under age 18 are restricted. Only visitors age 18+ are permitted.
- Hospital staff will pre–screen all visitors – using standard pre–screening questions and temperature checks.
- Universal masking – all visitors will be required to wear masks.
- Visitors who screen positive for flu or COVID–19 will not be able to visit a patient except for:
- an end-of-life situation
- a family member or guardian must make a medical decision
- If a visitor screens positive for a contagious disease and must enter the facility, the visitor will be escorted
Thank you for your help in maintaining a safe environment for our patients.