Reston Hospital Center is Growing Again!
Between 2012 and 2015, Reston Hospital Center invested over $40 million in expanding our facility and services for the community as the first phase of our master plan. In 2017 we began the second phase of our master plan, continuing with a $72 million expansion to better serve our community.
- 180,000 square foot, LEED certified medical office building
- Relocation of imaging services to an updated and expanded space
- Update and expansion of our lobby creating a seamless entry to Pavilion I, Pavilion II, surgical discharge and outpatient testing
- Expansion of pre-op department – we went from 19 to 34 rooms!
- Expansion of surgical recovery – we went from 11 to 30 rooms!
- Addition of 4 operating rooms
- Addition of our 16 bed observation unit for patients who need to remain under our observation, but allowing emergency rooms to be available for more patients and to decrease patient wait times.
- Addition of our Pediatric Emergency Room, housing 5 dedicated pediatric beds
- Updates and facelifts for our existing 30 exam rooms in our ER for your comfort
- Conversion to bedside registration so that our patients get to a room and treated more quickly
- Updates to our cafeteria to improve the overall experience for visitors and staff
- A new parking garage will be constructed in from of the West Wing Entrance (2 levels underground and 2 above) to allow for more convenient parking for patients and visitors.
- New patient tower and state of the art Intensive Care Unit, located above our Emergency Room
- Expansion of our Inpatient Rehabilitation Services
- Expansion and renovation of our Women and Children’s Services, including our Level III NICU
- A second Catheterization Lab to continue our service as Northern Virginia’s only Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI
- In addition to expanding patient care areas, Reston Hospital plans include refurbishments to the lobbies, cafeteria, and other patient support areas located on the main level of the hospital. The addition of a new visitor corridor
We anticipate our expansion project to take approximately 2 years from day 1. The first phase of this expansion plan is the completion of the parking garage and the new patient tower over the Emergency Room. Due to the nature of these projects, hospital entrances will be shifted throughout the project and there will be construction traffic and noises. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience as we grow together.
Please take note of a few changes around our campus and future access point:
- Free Valet Parking will be available at both the ER Entrance and the Pavilion II Entrance
- We ask that all NON ER patients and visitors park in our existing parking garage, using the PUBLIC Entrance, located across from the Pavilion II entrance.
- The West Wing Entrance will be closed throughout construction, please enter through Pavilion II. The elevators are still in full operation
- The current ER Entrance will be closed to public traffic and temporarily made for EMS/Ambulance traffic only
- The NEW ER Entrance will be shifted down to the existing Main Entrance.