The Medical Staff of Reston Hospital Center awarded scholarships to 17 Fairfax and Loudoun County High School seniors in recognition of their academic excellence and excitement for pursuing a career in healthcare.
Each year, the Medical Staff at Reston Hospital Center offers $15,000 in scholarships to local high schools. Over the past 21 years, Reston Hospital Center’s Medical Staff has awarded more than $275,000 in academic scholarships to students in Northern Virginia.
“This is one of the Medical Staff’s favorite projects every year. We are thrilled to be able to support these young adults as they venture into the world in search of their dream careers. It is our pleasure to get to know such passionate and driven students from our local community as they work towards becoming the future of healthcare,” said Dr. Avisesh Sahgal, President of Reston Hospital Center’s Medical Staff.
At the annual award ceremony hosted by Reston Hospital Center, John Deardorff, President and CEO of Reston Hospital Center and HCA’s Northern Virginia Market, said, “These students are well deserving of the medical staff scholarships as they begin their journeys of exploring careers in the healthcare field. We hope that one day they return to their roots as members of our local medical community.”
The recipients of the Reston Hospital Center Medical Staff Scholarships are:
- Ansel Sanchez – Briar Woods High School
- Lindsay Marie Burns – Broad Run High School
- Anna Kate Erstling – Chantilly High School
- Ashley Arely Reyes – Chantilly High School
- Lillian Tran – Dominion High School
- Riya Hadvani – Herndon High School
- Christopher Ngo-Khang Nguyen – James Madison High School
- Mariana Fernandes Gragnani – Langley High School
- Yanni George Conomos – McLean High School
- Maxmine Irmhild Ayompe-Mody – Oakton High School
- Jasmine Chiann Foo – Oakton High School
- Allison Armstrong – Park View High School
- Rayness Mollinedo-Rodriguez – Park View High School
- Chelsea Lazatin – Potomac Falls High School
- Nicole Post – South Lakes High School
- Olivia Nicole Chandler – Westfield High School
- Daisy Allison Lopez Rosa – Westfield High School
The Reston Hospital Center Medical Staff congratulates these outstanding students, and are proud to support their continuing education and passion for healthcare.