June 20, 2017
Reston, Va. (June 20, 2017) – The Medical Staff of Reston Hospital Center awarded scholarships to 15 Fairfax and Loudoun County High School seniors in recognition of their academic excellence and excitement for pursuing a career in healthcare.
At an award ceremony at Reston Hospital Center, John Deardorff, President and CEO of Reston Hospital Center and HCA’s Northern Virginia Market, said, “These students are well deserving of the medical staff scholarships as they begin their journeys of exploring careers in the healthcare field. We hope that one day they return to their roots as members of our local medical community.”
Each year, the Medical Staff at Reston Hospital Center offers $15,000 in scholarships to local high schools. Over the past 19 years, Reston Hospital Center’s Medical Staff has awarded more than $250,000 in academic scholarships to students in Northern Virginia.
“This is one of the Medical Staff’s favorite projects every year. We are thrilled to be able to support these young adults as they venture into the world in search of their dream careers. It is our pleasure to get to know such passionate and driven students from our local community as they work towards becoming the future of healthcare,” said Dr. Avisesh Sahgal, President of Reston Hospital Center’s Medical Staff.
The recipients of the Reston Hospital Center Medical Staff Scholarships are:
- Daniel Alekseyev* – Briar Woods High School
- Jodi Montgomery* – Broad Run High School
- Deniz Cakmak – Centreville High School
- Noura Said – Centreville High School
- Sofia Wainwright – Chantilly High School
- Carlin Lucas – Dominion High School
- Meghan Graby – Herndon high School
- Sophie Dornfeld – James Madison High School
- Kendall Raymond – Langley High School
- Lilly Carrillo – Oakton High School
- Afreen Ahmed* – Park View High School
- Alexander Nemer* – Potomac Falls High School
- Mallory Levenhagen* – Potomac Falls High School
- Hasmah Hussain* – South Lakes high School
- Allison Bush – Westfield High School
The Reston Hospital Center Medical Staff congratulates these outstanding students, and are proud to support their continuing education and passion for healthcare.*Not pictured in winners photo attached.
About Reston Hospital
Part of HCA Virginia Health System, Reston Hospital Center is a 187-bed, acute-care medical and surgical facility that has garnered high honors for attentive patient care and nursing excellence. Statewide, HCA Virginia Health System operates 13 hospitals and more than 30 outpatient centers and is affiliated with 3,000 physicians. It is Virginia’s fourth-largest private employer, provides $181.2 million in charity and uncompensated care, and pays $69.1 million in taxes annually. For more information about Reston Hospital Center visit restonhospital.com.