Conveniently located in the vibrant heart of town at the Reston Town Center, our expanding, full-service 223-bed acute care medical and surgical hospital serves residents in the growing Northern Virginia region that incorporates Fairfax and Loudoun counties. Reston Hospital Center features a 24-hour emergency room (ER) including a dedicated pediatric ER, a Level II Trauma Center, and top-quality medical expertise across numerous specialties.
First opening our doors on November 10, 1986, Reston has been integral in the care of northern Virginians ever since with a quality of care philosophy to strive for clinical excellence and make patient safety our top priority.
In 2001, we began a major expansion project that added the West Wing, a five-story facility featuring 60 additional licensed beds for The Family Center; critical care, progressive care, medical/oncology and surgical units; an endoscopy suite; expanded emergency and radiology departments; enlarged ancillary areas for medical records and dietary services; the Parkway Medical Tower housing an ambulatory/outpatient surgery center and medical offices and a parking garage with more than 1,000 new spaces.
Between 2012 and 2015, Reston Hospital Center invested over $40 million in expanding our facility and services for the community as the first phase of our master redevelopment plan including the addition of an 180,000 square foot, LEED certified medical office building, relocation and expansion of imaging services, surgical services expansion, addition of a 16-bed observation unit and renovation of Emergency Room including the development of our Pediatric ER.
In 2017, we began the second phase of our master plan, continuing with a $72 million expansion to better serve our community. This phase, which extended into 2019, included the build out of a new patient tower including a state-of-the-art 24-bed intensive care unit (ICU), a new inpatient rehabilitation center, expansion and renovation of our women’s and children’s services, including a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, a second Cardiac Catheterization Lab, and a new 4-story patient/visitor parking garage.
Reston Hospital Center is a private, tax-paying hospital affiliated with HCA Healthcare, the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, headquartered in Nashville, TN, and encompassing hundreds of hospitals and freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England. As part of HCA's Capital Division, we employ more than 1,200 full-time and part-time staff. In addition, nearly 200 men, women and teens generously volunteer their time at the hospital each week.
We also serve our region through an active health and wellness outreach program that provides thousands of free or reduced-cost health screenings emphasizing early detection and disease prevention for area residents. Our website delivers expert healthcare information while illustrating hospital services and career opportunities.
High Honors for Effective Healthcare
Reston Hospital Center repeatedly achieves high honors for attentive patient care and nursing excellence, as well as several prestigious accreditations. Licensed by the Virginia Department of Health, Reston has achieved certifications from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care, The Joint Commission and the American College of Radiology, as well as holds memberships in the American Hospital Association, the Virginia Hospital Association and the College of American Pathologists.
Specifically, Reston Hospital Center has garnered the following accolades
- Reston Hospital Center is a Joint Commission accredited organization with the following designations:
- Joint Commission certified Advanced Primary Stroke Center
- Joint Commission certified Advanced Hip and Knee replacement program
- Joint Commission certified Spine Surgery Program
- Reston Hospital Center has also received the following specialty certifications and accreditations:
- Designated as a Comprehensive Bariatric Program accredited under the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP) jointly by the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS) and American College of Surgeons (ACS)
- Accredited as a Chest Pain Center with 24/7 Primary PCI and Resuscitation by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care
- Recognized as Get With the Guidelines — Stroke GOLD PLUS with Honor Roll Elite Plus by the American Heart Association
- Accredited in Radiation Oncology by the American College of Radiology
- Recognized as a Comprehensive Cancer Center and an Accredited Breast Center by the Commission for Cancer
- Certified by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers
- Reston Hospital Center is also a proud recipient of the following Health Grades Awards:
- Hospital Quality Awards:
- Patient Safety Excellence Award (2016-2019)
- Top 10% in the nation for Patient Safety (2015-2019)
- Top 10% of hospitals evaluated for Obstetrics and Gynecology (2017-2019)
- Top 10% of hospitals evaluated for Labor and Delivery (2017-2019)
- Specialty Clinical Quality Awards:
- Labor & Delivery Excellence Award (2017-2019)
- Obstetrics and Gynecology Excellence Award (2017-2019)
- 5 Star Safety Ratings:
- Heart Attack – Mortality within 30 days (2019)
- Heart Failure – Mortality In-Hospital (2016-2019)
- Sepsis – Mortality within 30 days (2016-2019)
- C-section Delivery – Complication Based Ratings (2016-2019)
- Vaginal Delivery – Complication Based Ratings (2016-2019)
- Spinal Fusion – Complication Based Ratings (2014-2019)
Comprehensive Medical Services
At Reston Hospital, you'll find a comprehensive range of medical services, including 24-hour emergency care and specialties such as:
- Orthopedics, total joint replacement and spine care
- Heart and vascular care through our accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI and partnership with Washington Hospital Center
- Cancer care with advanced technology for radiation therapy
- Extensive diagnostic imaging and interventional radiology capabilities
- A wide array of inpatient and outpatient surgical services
- Robotic Surgery through our Institute for Robotics and Advanced Minimally Invasive Surgery - Reston Hospital Center offers Northern Virginia's most comprehensive robotic surgery program featuring the daVinci Xi and Si, Mazor X Stealth Edition, Mako Robotic Arm, Bright Matter and Modus V.
- Maternal/child health
- Urology and lithotripsy
- Rehabilitation programs through our partnership with Reston Therapy & Fitness
- Extensive patient education and support programs
- Surgical Weight Loss Services
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Center
Always attuned to the comfort and needs of our community, we blend the convenience of all private rooms, personal attention, complimentary valet parking and an easily accessible suburban location with the top-quality professional expertise that only the most skilled and best trained medical and support staff can deliver.
Caring for Our Community
We're in your neighborhood, we care about your health and we take an active role in caring for the communities we serve. In addition to providing outstanding healthcare to our patients, we sponsor many health awareness events each year and contribute to the region's vibrant economy.
Additionally, the expectations we have for ourselves when caring for our community go beyond providing excellent healthcare and sponsoring health awareness events. As part of our ongoing commitment to our patients, we work hard to help patients address their financial responsibilities in a way that's fair and sensitive to their circumstances through our charity care and financial discount policy.