When diet, exercise and medications no longer bring relief from joint pain, joint replacement surgery offers another option. Whether your goal is to be a pain-free gardener or compete in a triathlon, the skilled surgeons and staff at the Total Joint Center at Reston Hospital Center can help restore your desired quality of life.
Putting You First
The Total Joint Center–founded in 2002 by leading Northern Virginia physicians who specialize in orthopedic surgery, rehabilitation and anesthesia–offers comprehensive, coordinated care for patients undergoing joint replacement. Since its inception, the Center has performed nearly 4,000 joint replacements and led the region in advancing new techniques and technologies for achieving better outcomes.
Excellence in Knee & Hip Replacement
Reston Hospital leads the region in patient satisfaction, with recovery times and infection prevention rates well above national averages. Because we exceed national standards, The Joint Commission–the nation's most respected health care accrediting organization–awarded our Total Joint Center the Gold Seal of Approval™ for excellence in total knee and hip replacement. As a Reston Hospital Total Joint Center patient, you benefit from outstanding outcomes like these:
- Ninety-eight percent of knee replacement patients and 96 percent of hip replacement patients walk on the day of surgery.
- Fewer than 1 percent of patients experience postoperative complications.
- Patients generally return home in just under two and a half days–one and a half days faster than the national average.
Designed to Get You Going Quickly
The Total Joint Center is a leader in the use of new replacement joint materials, surgical techniques and treatment protocols that allow faster recovery, easier rehabilitation and a more complete return to your chosen activity level. Our wide range of services and resources include:
- An individualized plan of care overseen from orientation through recovery by an experienced nurse coordinator
- A dedicated, multispecialty team of surgeons, orthopedic nurses, care coordinators, physical and occupational therapists, pharmacists, dietitians and technicians chosen for their clinical skills and desire to provide exceptional patient care
- A hospital wing dedicated to caring for joint replacement patients
- Personal attention from highly qualified clinicians and staff who make rounds with physicians
- Presurgery Total Joint Orientation classes for patients and caregivers
- Educational materials to assist with every phase of your surgery, recovery and discharge
- Group physical therapy sessions
- A pain management program employing the latest research and best practices
- Access to the hospital-based Reston Therapy and Fitness Center, which offers one of the most comprehensive rehabilitation programs in Northern Virginia