When you're treated for a stroke at Reston Hospital Center–designated as a Certified Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission, the nation's leading healthcare accrediting agency–you become part of our family for life.
Stroke Resources at Reston Hospital
We arm you with a range of stroke resources, including:
- Outpatient rehabilitation – Physical, occupational and speech/swallowing therapies customized for your optimal recovery; helps you regain function in affected areas of the body; provided by Reston Therapy & Fitness
- Sports medicine – Customized, physician-directed treatment programs for rehabilitation and injury prevention to assist stroke survivors of any age, sport or skill level
- Stroke Awareness Speakers Bureau – Our healthcare professionals deliver the most accurate and up-to-date information on topics related to stroke awareness or other important health issues when requested by local groups. Call (703) 639-9566 to discuss your group's needs and interests.
More Stroke Resources
- American Stroke Association's Stroke Family Warmline – Free patient support service that helps families learn about stroke; call 1.888.4STROKE, or (888) 478-7653
- American Stroke Association
- National Stroke Association
Learn more about stroke in our online Health Library.