When you experience back or neck pain, even the simplest activities can be a challenge. Reston Hospital Center offers spine care from top-level specialists who work with you to diagnose your condition precisely and find the best treatment option to help you return to a full and pain-free life.
Experts in Spine Care
Our renowned spine physicians dedicate themselves to providing the most advanced and effective solutions for patients with a wide range of spine-related conditions–from the simplest ache in the neck or back to the most complex spinal deformity or previously unsuccessful surgery. Emphasizing treatment for the whole patient, our spine specialists combine multiple disciplines to provide individualized, comprehensive care, whether that means an evaluation, physical therapy, injections or spine surgery.
Explore your options for advanced spine care and treatment at Reston Hospital:
- Minimally invasive techniques, including the revolutionary XLIF procedure–a spinal surgery performed through small incisions in a patient's side
- The Mazor Renaissance™ Surgical Guidance System–highly precise, robotic-assisted surgical system first offered in the mid-Atlantic region at Reston Hospital Center
- Expertise in nonsurgical treatments such as nerve stimulation
- A dedicated scoliosis specialist
- Specialized inpatient care and rehabilitation for shorter hospital stays and quicker recovery
Spine Conditions We Treat
At Reston Hospital, we treat these common spine and neck conditions:
- Neck and back pain
- Decreased back mobility
- Osteoarthritis – Arthritis of the spine, often associated with aging
- Herniated discs – Discs in the spine that have bulged from their proper place
- Sciatica – Irritation of the sciatic nerve in the spine
- Spine tumors
- Spine curvature (scoliosis)
- Spine (vertebral) fractures, often resulting from osteoporosis
- Sports injuries requiring reconditioning and strengthening
- Traumatic injuries
If you experience any of these conditions, contact your primary care doctor, who will help you decide if you need a spine specialist.
Read about the causes and treatment of back pain and spinal conditions in the Back Pain Center at our online Health Library.