Our goal at Reston Hospital Center is to provide you with the best care possible. To help ensure that your procedure goes as smoothly and efficiently as possible, we offer the following guidelines.
Preparing for Your Procedure
You'll receive specific information about preparing for your procedure when your appointment is scheduled. For the most accurate results from your procedure, it's important to follow all of the instructions provided. If you did not receive instructions or have questions about them, contact your doctor's office and ask to speak to a nurse.
- Take time before your upcoming procedure to verify that your procedure is covered by your insurance carrier. If you're unsure of your specific coverage, call your insurance company in advance.
- Get information about what to expect before, during and after a specific medical procedure at Radiology.org or at our Web page about the procedure.
- If you have questions, contact your doctor's office or call our 24/7 Consult-A-Nurse® team 24/7 at 877.689.DOCS (3627)
- Preregister online to save time at check-in.
On the day of your procedure, check in at the appropriate registration desk 15 to 30 minutes before your appointment. You will be asked to review and sign documents pertinent to your procedure. Get more information on registration.
What to Bring
- The written order from your doctor for your procedure
- A complete list of the medications you're presently taking
- Your Social Security Number
- All active insurance cards
- Photo identification
- Advanced directives such as a Living Will or Durable Power of Attorney for Healthcare, if you have these