When it comes to your child, you want the best possible medical care from compassionate experts. Reston Hospital Center's pediatricians, family doctors and hospital medical team dedicate their lives to serving children and their families. Newborns, infants, children, teens and young adults up to age 18 receive around-the-clock care for acute and chronic conditions ranging from asthma, concussion, appendicitis and fractures to croup, pneumonia and more.
Your First Choice for Pediatric Care
If your child needs to be admitted to the hospital, you'll appreciate the welcoming, family-centered environment at Reston Hospital Center. In addition to treatment delivered with a caring touch, you and your child benefit from:
- Physicians and nurses with specialized pediatric training and cross-disciplinary training who provide skilled and compassionate care for children
- Access to a wide range of specialists, including ear, nose and throat (ENT) doctors, infectious disease specialists, gastroenterologists, allergists, bone and joint specialists, mental health professionals and many more
- Collaborative working relationships with pediatricians in the Reston community and with our in-house pediatricians
- Practices and procedures supported by research and evidence of effectiveness
- Hospitalist pediatricians and neonatologists available 24/7
- Level III-A Newborn Intensive Care Unit (NICU), providing the highest level of care available–specially designed for emergency situations–with nurses trained in several advanced life support techniques
- Live telemedicine partnership with Children's Hospital for onsite assessment and seamless transfer if surgery is needed
- Nutrition support and IV therapy for adolescent patients of Dominion Hospital's Eating Disorders Clinic
- "Ouch-free" treatment spaces and family-friendly patient rooms
- Emergency rooms equipped to treat children; includes eBroselow Emergency Pediatric Care software that makes pediatric drug dosing fast and accurate
- Guidelines to assist you in preparing for your child's hospital visit
- Spiritual care for families of all faiths
- Personalized care from people who know you by name
Learn more about kids' and teens' health in our online Health Library.
Explore Reston Hospital's top quality, personalized and comfort-focused pregnancy/birth care services.
While your child is a patient at Reston Hospital Center, we care for the health and well-being of your entire family. You're an important part of the medical team–you know your child better than anyone and should understand and agree with any plans for your child's care. Our pediatric hospitalists, nurses and other specialists will communicate and work with you on a daily basis, sharing all test results and treatment plans so you can make informed decisions about what's best for your child. And we'll teach you the skills you need to care for your youngster–from bathing and changing dressings to using a nebulizer, administering medications and more.
You're Welcome to Stay and Visit
As parents and guardians, you're welcome to visit 24 hours a day and you're encouraged to stay with your child in the hospital as much as possible. We provide complimentary guest meal trays and sleeping accommodations for one parent to stay overnight. If you're unable to stay, be sure to let our staff know. Other family members and friends may visit when it's convenient, but just two at a time to allow patients the best opportunity for rest and recovery. Siblings may visit only if they don't have a fever or any communicable diseases.
Safety & Security
Because your child's safety and security is of the utmost importance to us, our pediatric units are secured. Each patient, from newborn through age 10, receives a Hugs System security identification tag while they stay with us.
We keep a watchful eye on your child through our central monitoring system. Our pediatric nurses continuously track your child's vital signs both in the room and from the nurse's station.