As one of the first hospitals in Northern Virginia to offer robotic-assisted, incisionless, and minimally invasive surgeries, Reston Hospital Center provides the same high quality care and advanced technologies you expect to find in major metropolitan medical centers. We are the first in Northern Virginia – and only the 2nd in Virginia – to successfully perform surgery using the new da Vinci Xi robot and the only hospital in Virginia to offer Mazor X™ robotics-assisted surgical guidance for spine surgery. In addition, you enjoy the customized, personalized, patient-centered care–a hallmark of our hospital–that leads to exceptional outcomes.
Achieving Better Outcomes With Surgical Innovation
Through our Institute for Robotics and Advanced Minimally Invasive Surgery, we collaborate on emerging technologies and techniques and continually expand our capacity to deliver enhanced procedures and services close to home. We're in your neighborhood and we care about your health.
The skilled specialists and surgeons at Reston Hospital Center are leaders in the use of surgical innovations that produce the best outcomes, decrease potential infection risk, reduce pain and scarring and result in the quickest recovery times. Thanks to advances in medical technology, surgical techniques and pain management, many surgeries at Reston Hospital can be performed on an outpatient basis, with most patients able to return home within 24 hours.
Advanced Tools & Treatments
Take advantage of new technologies at Reston Hospital Center that produce better outcomes for you:
- Advanced imaging tools–including the only 3.0 Tesla MRI in Northern Virginia, an open MRI and a large-opening CT scanner with tumor localization–that allow for more precise diagnosis and treatment
- Incisionless and minimally invasive laparoscopic surgery using high-definition cameras and monitors
- Two da Vinci® Si robotic-assisted surgical systems and related advanced technologies, including Firefly Imaging and Single-Site surgery
- MAKOplasty® robotic assisted guidance for total hip and partial knee replacements
- Mazor X™ robotic-assisted surgical guidance system for reduced patient radiation exposure and pinpoint accuracy during spinal surgeries
- Fiber-optic surgical lasers that destroy cancerous cells with meticulous precision
- Cardiac catheterization lab, including percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) procedure for quick response to blocked arteries
- A highly sophisticated linear accelerator to target and irradiate tumors with minimal damage to surrounding tissue