The gastrointestinal (GI) and colorectal specialists at Reston Hospital Center treat a wide range of diseases and conditions of the gastrointestinal tract–the esophagus, stomach, intestines, liver, gallbladder, colon and rectum. Our accurate diagnoses and advanced treatment methods help you feel better, stay disease-free and get back to your daily routine as quickly as possible.
Your First Choice for Gastrointestinal Care
Working together in collaborative approaches, our experienced team of dedicated physicians and surgeons–including members of our Institute for Robotic and Advanced Minimally Invasive Surgery–delivers skilled, comprehensive gastrointestinal care using the latest diagnostic and treatment techniques. At Reston Hospital Center, you're assured of the same top-quality services you expect to find in major urban medical centers–but with a much more personal touch. You'll appreciate our private rooms, individualized care plans, more attention and more personal attention, as well as direct lines of communication to your doctor and healthcare team.
- Acid reflux disease, sometimes called heartburn or GERD
- Colon cancer
- Crohn's disease
- Diseases of the bile ducts or pancreas
- Esophageal disorders, including Barrett's esophagus
- Gallbladder disorders
- Gastrointestinal bleeding (upper, lower)
- GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease)
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Tumors of the gastrointestinal tract
- Ulcers – gastric and duodenal or peptic
Reston Hospital Center offers you access to specialized services and teams of healthcare professionals encompassing multiple disciplines, including:
- Cancer care
- Colonoscopy and colorectal services
- Digestive testing and esophageal studies, as part of our program known as the Center for Thoracic and Esophageal Disorders
- Motility studies/manometry – Assesses muscle function throughout the digestive system
- pH reflux monitoring – Evaluates for acidic and nonacidic reflux
- Dietary counseling
- Endoscopy – Uses a tiny camera in a soft, flexible, fiber-optic tube to view and perform procedures inside the body
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) – Incorporates detailed X-rays during visual inspection of the bile duct, pancreatic duct, gallbladder; also used for removal of stones and placement of stents
- Endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) – Examines deeper layers of the esophagus, stomach, small intestine, bile duct, pancreas, gallbladder; also used for nonsurgical biopsies of difficult-to-reach lesions
- Upper endoscopy (upper GI; also known as esophagogastroduodenoscopy or EGD) – Explores the esophagus, stomach and small intestine
- Heartburn (GERD) treatment
- Surgery, including Nissen fundoplication, transoral incisionless fundoplication (TIF), Halo® radiofrequency ablation for Barrett's esophagus
- Tests and imaging
Experience. Research. Respect.
When you need help for gastrointestinal conditions, you want the professionals with the most experience–and that's exactly what you'll find at Reston Hospital Center. In the last 20 years, we've performed more anti-reflux procedures than any other provider in the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area. And we have the expertise to tackle the toughest cases, including repair of previously unsuccessful surgeries.
In addition, you may benefit from advanced treatment options as they become available through our involvement in ongoing clinical research trials–we're the only non-university participant and the only participant in the mid-Atlantic region.
Many peer-reviewed journals publish our research and practice results, which indicates how highly respected our gastrointestinal clinicians are in their profession. That means you can rely on Reston Hospital Center for the best gastrointestinal care.