Reston Hospital Center's 24-hour emergency department offers the highest quality care when you need it most. When it comes to emergencies, minutes are critical for ill or injured patients. With the most advanced technology, 30 exam rooms and short wait times, our ER provides responsive emergency care close to home.
Your First Choice for Emergency Care
Our patient-centered care and emergency expertise make us the top choice for your ER care for a multitude of reasons, including:
- Board-certified physicians, nurses and clinical staff certified in emergency medicine, emergency nursing, adult and pediatric advanced life support
- Staff specially trained and equipped to care for children, from minor colds to serious care
- A nationally Accredited Chest Pain Center and Primary Stroke Center recognized for excellence in emergency heart and stroke care
- Advanced technology and procedures such as cardiac stenting and angioplasty for heart attacks and induced hypothermia therapy, helping reduce organ damage following cardiac arrest
- ER wait times you can view online and via text message (text "ER" to 23000 for current wait time)
- Our ED Stat, a program similar to urgent care, where specific rooms are available to treat minor illnesses and injuries quickly
- Artemis software to deliver the most accurate pediatric care as quickly as possible
Primary ER Services
Our ER provides specialized treatment day and night for wide-ranging emergencies, including:
- Pediatric care – because the smallest patients need special care
- Heart attack
- Bone injuries
We also provide urgent care services for minor illnesses and injuries for patients of all ages.