Early detection of cancer can save your life.
Get Screened Today, Not Tomorrow
Turn your concern into action–get screened today at Reston Hospital Center. Many of our programs give you the opportunity to come in on your own, without referral from a physician.
Schedule your screening mammography, colonoscopy, PSA (prostate), skin cancer or lung screening by calling our Consult-A-Nurse® team 24/7 at 877.689.DOCS (3627) today. We'll help you arrange the appointment to fit your calendar and physician preference.
Screening Programs for Women & Men
Take advantage of the wide range of cancer screenings available at Reston Hospital, including:
- Breast – Mammography and ultrasound
- Cervical and gynecologic (ovarian, uterine)
- Colorectal – Colonoscopy and colorectal exam
- Lung and thoracic – Low-dose CT scan
- Prostate – Digital rectal exam and prostate-specific antigen (PSA)
- Skin cancers, including melanoma – Visual screening
Low-Cost Screening & Education Opportunities
Among many low-cost screening and education programs at Reston Hospital, we participate in the Well Woman initiative with the Loudoun Free Clinic for cervical cancer screening, which includes an annual PAP test and checkup. Review our quick online breast cancer risk assessment to get a sense of your short-term risk so you can take appropriate action.
In addition, we can help you determine your risk for lung cancer and aid in its prevention through:
- CT preventive screening, if you have a qualifying history of smoking
- Stop smoking programs and counseling
- Lung cancer educational sessions at businesses and organizations in Northern Virginia
- Lung cancer education at community health fairs and other informational events
Check our schedule of classes and events to find a variety of community health fairs and low-cost screenings available throughout Northern Virginia at locations near you.
Genetics and Cancer
We make referrals for genetic counseling and testing to help you understand, manage or reduce your risks if you have a history of cancer in your family. For more information, contact our Consult-A-Nurse® team at 877.689.DOCS (3627).
Explore additional tests and imaging services at Reston Hospital Center.