For the best cancer care, you first need the most accurate diagnosis. Reston Hospital Center offers the latest in diagnostic technology. Our expert physicians are skilled in interpreting results, and our pathologists are certified by the College of American Pathologists (CAP).
Advanced Cancer Diagnostics
Look for our innovative diagnostic and imaging services in welcoming, comfortable spaces within the hospital. In our nearby medical office buildings, you'll find the beautiful, spa-like Women's Imaging Center and our advanced Medical Imaging Center, as well as our joint ventures with Reston Radiology Consultants, known as PET of Reston and MRI of Reston.
Among our diagnostic resources, you benefit from:
- Computed tomography (CT) big-bore, 64-slice, high-resolution, low-dose scanning for more detailed images
- 3-Tesla (3T) magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) shows greater detail in a shorter time, particularly for preoperative tumor imaging
- Open MRI offers high performance while allowing anxious or claustrophobic patients to relax
- Positron emission tomography (PET) and xPET scanning to show metabolic activity and identify growing tumors
- Endobronchial ultrasound (EBUS) for determining the stage of non-small cell lung cancer
- Digital mammography
- Stereotactic or ultrasound guidance for breast imaging and biopsy
- Ultrasound (3-D, 4-D, color)
- Sentinel node biopsy
- Nuclear medicine
- Interventional radiology for a variety of diagnostic tests and cancer treatments
With this broad range of advanced technologies, we're better able to distinguish between benign and malignant masses, evaluate the effectiveness of radiation and chemotherapy and find out earlier if a tumor recurs. You'll also get a quick response–biopsy results are usually available within 48 hours.
Explore our extensive tests and imaging services.
Like you, we recognize the importance of early cancer detection. Learn more about the variety of cancer screenings, including colonoscopy, and breast imaging services available at Reston Hospital. Then, schedule your appointment today.
The Power of Our Network Delivers Fast Results
Complementing our cancer testing and imaging technology, our Picture Archival Communication System (PACS) gives doctors fast access to all your medical records, images and test results from anywhere within the Reston Hospital Center. Doctors can use PACS to share images instantaneously with a consulting physician to help you receive the most accurate diagnosis.
Learn more about cancer in our online Health Library.