Visiting hours vary by hospital unit. They may be amended by hospital administration in order to protect patient safety. Be sure to check the hospital website, restonhospital.com, for updates.
- Critical Care Unit-10:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m., visits are limited to 15 minutes each hour, no more than two visitors per room, immediately family only (including same-sex partner). Visitors less than 16 years of age must have permission of a physician/nurse.
- Labor and Delivery - While you are in labor and delivery, your husband, significant other or labor coach may visit you at any time. Additional visitors may be permitted at your bedside with your obstetrician's approval. No children less than 18 years of age, except for siblings of the newborn are permitted.
- Postpartum -11:00 a.m. to 8:00p.m., visitors are limited to three per room, no children less than 18 years of age, except for siblings of the newborn. The mother's significant other has round the clock visitation rights.
- NICU - Only parents, grandparents and siblings may visit the NICU. Please note the unit is closed to visitors during shift change (6:30 a.m.- 8:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.)
- All other units-11:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m. Parents/guardians may visit their children 24 hours a day.
Public waiting rooms are available on all floors of the hospital. All waiting rooms close at 9 p.m., except in the Emergency Department. If you wish, a hospital security officer will escort you to your vehicle. Dial "0"and ask for the security officer on duty with your request.