At Reston Hospital Center, we want you to feel comfortable and prepared for your outpatient visit, hospital stay or surgery. We use the latest medical technologies to offer a wide range of inpatient and outpatient procedures.
At least 48 hours before your procedure, schedule a preoperative (pre-op) appointment with our Same Day Surgery department, Monday through Friday – 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Call 703.689.9005 and choose option 1.
We value your time and make every effort to conduct pre-op appointments by phone. If we need to meet with you in person, plan for your appointment to last from 30 minutes to one hour.
If you require laboratory services or EKG testing, our admitting department offers a full-service laboratory for your convenience. Read your insurance policy to check if it covers lab tests at our facility. If you must use a different laboratory, ask that facility to send your results to Reston Hospital's Same Day Surgery department by fax–703.689.9206–at least 48 hours before your procedure.
Take time before your upcoming procedure or hospital stay to review your insurance coverage and make sure you're prepared to pay your copay or deductible. If you're unsure of your specific coverage, call your insurance company in advance.
You also can preregister online for your stay to save time at check-in.
Items You Need for Admission
- All active insurance cards
- A list of all medications you currently take
- Photo identification, such as a driver's license
- Social Security number
- Living will and other advance directives, if you have them
- HMO/PPO referral forms, if required
- Medical records, X-ray films or previous test results, if your physician has requested them
- Written letter of authorization from your insurance carrier, if you're covered by worker's compensation
- A check or credit card for deductibles, copayments or deposits
Items You Need for Your Stay
- Personal toiletries, such as shampoo, toothpaste and toothbrush
- Bathrobe and slippers or socks
- A list with names, doses and schedules of all medications you take on a routine basis; do not bring any of these medications with you to the hospital unless your doctor writes an order for you to do so
- Glasses, dentures, hearing aids or any other assistive device you may need
- Clothes to wear when you go home
We also recommend you leave your valuable items, such as jewelry, portable electronic devices and money at home.
Learn how to submit a request for medical records so that your records may be sent to yourself or a doctor's office.
Your doctor's office will give you specific information about preparing for an upcoming procedure or hospital stay, but we've also provided some basic suggestions to help you prepare for your visit.
- Verify that your procedure is covered by your insurance carrier.
- Get information about what to expect before, during and after your specific medical procedure at our online Health Library.
- Learn more about preparing for surgery at Reston Hospital.
- Contact your primary physician if you have questions, or call our 24/7 information helpline at 877.689.DOCS (3627).
Your physician will provide additional directions on prepping for your procedure. We also offer interactive tutorials with in-depth, easy-to-understand explanations for many procedures performed at Reston Hospital. To view these tutorials, you'll need an access code from your doctor or the hospital.