Treating your health condition and returning you quickly to your family, work and everyday life are our primary goals at Reston Hospital Center. To achieve this outcome and make your stay a positive one, we provide top-notch services, a caring and professional staff, outstanding facilities, a supportive atmosphere and a friendly environment.
Creating a Comfortable Hospital Stay
Among the amenities you'll enjoy at Reston Hospital Center:
- Pleasant, comfortable accommodations with cable TV, wireless Internet access and bedside telephones in private rooms, which contribute to our ongoing infection prevention efforts
- Delicious and nutritious food service from our first-class dining program, including a variety of foods, food consistencies and different diets provided through made-to-order room service dining, a cafeteria and guest meals, as well as round-the-clock vending in areas near the emergency department and surgery waiting room
- Convenient and free parking, free valet parking, after-hours security escort
- Visiting hours are generally open, but vary by hospital unit based on the patient's condition and any public health concerns.
- Critical Care – 10:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. and 8:30 to 9:00 p.m.; visits limited to 15 minutes each hour; no more than two visitors per room; immediate family only, including significant other; physician/nurse permission required for visitors under 16 years of age
- Labor and Delivery/Mother/Baby – visitors are welcome at anytime
- NICU – Only parents, grandparents, siblings; no visitors during staff shift change from 6:30 to 8:30 a.m. and 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- Gift Shop, located in the West Wing first floor lobby, with cards, balloons, flowers, personal care items, baby products, snacks, magazines, seasonal items and gifts
- Tobacco-free policy to support a healthy environment
- Safety and security measures for your well-being and the care of valuables during your stay
Enjoying Special Services to Ease Your Stay
The comfort of patients and visitors is a top priority at Reston Hospital. You'll find many additional resources to ease your stay or to help friends and loved ones while they're hospitalized, including:
- Waiting areas, with special locations for families of patients in surgery, critical care and emergency
- Facility signs and building directories to help you find your way around
- Counseling and chaplain services, pastoral care, nondenominational meditation room
- Guest relations department with a patient advocate to help address concerns while you're in the hospital
- Postal mail, newspapers, flowers and gifts delivered to patient rooms
- Online service to send flowers
- ATM banking services
- Wireless Internet (Wi-Fi) access
- Translation services for many languages, including sign language
- Assistive devices for sensory-impaired persons
- Nearby hotels, restaurants/fast food outlets for visitors and families
Preparing You to Return Home
When your doctor decides you're ready to leave the hospital, you'll receive a discharge order with instructions for follow-up care, such as medication, dietary requirements or recommendations and your next scheduled appointment with your doctor. You'll also stop by the hospital cashier to settle your account. Then, you'll be escorted by a hospital representative to your waiting transportation. You may want to arrange with a family member or friend to take you home.
Case Management Services
You may also receive recommendations from our Case Management staff for additional healthcare services to assist you after your hospital stay. We can provide the phone numbers and information, but you, your family and/or significant other are responsible for making all arrangements, including payment.
Find Reston Hospital Center on a Map
Reston Hospital Center
1850 Town Center Parkway
Reston, VA 20190