Chatting with friends can help
(HealthDay News) -- Stressed out from bad weather or a demanding job?
The American Heart Association suggests these healthy habits to help ward off stress:
- Talk frequently with friends and family.
- Get enough physical activity each day.
- Accept that there are things you cannot change, and learn to cope with them.
- Do your best not to worry, especially about the small things.
- Slow down and enjoy life, instead of racing through it.
- Cut out bad habits, from drinking too much to smoking.
- Make sure you get enough sleep.
- Get organized, tackling one problem at a time.