This easy-to-make main dish helps to increase the amount of vegetables you eat and can be made all in one pot.
Ingredients and Preparation
- Add oil to a large pot.
- Heat pot over medium flame.
- Stir in flour.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until flour begins to turn golden brown.
- Slowly stir in all the broth using a wire whisk and cook for 2 minutes. The mixture should not be lumpy.
- Add all ingredients except okra. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Add okra and let cook for 15 to 20 more minutes.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Serve hot in a bowl or over rice.