Integrity: Be honest and do what you say
- Resolve complaints with urgency / No operational excuses or blaming others for not meeting customers’ needs
Compassion: Be sympathetic to the needs of others
- Treat the other person as they would like to be treated. –“Platinum Rule”
- Hear the issue, concern or complaint with compassion and caring.
- Avoid using technical or professional jargon. Use easily understood language and terminology when giving customers information
- Empathize and initiate
Accountability: Take ownership for how action impacts outcomes
- Exhibit a positive attitude at all times
- Apologize for not meeting customers’ expectations
- Follow Hospital Policies, NPSGs, use proper lift equipment, ensure that spills are cleaned up and trash is disposed of properly, use CDC guidelines for hand washing, dispose of sharps properly, use correct PPE, take non‐working equipment out of service and send to Biomed or Engineering.
Respect: Value others and embrace diversity
- Appreciate the diversity of those we work with and serve.
- Make our fellow employees feel appreciated, included, and valued through our actions and attitudes.
- Do not gossip. Protect the privacy and feelings of fellow employees
- Recognize and respect the contributions of others in the work environment because everyone here does meaningful work
Excellence: Take personal pride in exceeding expectations
- Excellence is doing ordinary things extraordinarily well.
- Consistently makes meaningful personal connections with customers.