Consistently serving Northern Virginia with compassion, personal service, expert clinicians and the latest medical technologies, Reston Hospital Center also garners high honors for attentive patient care, nursing excellence, patient safety, satisfaction and health outcomes.
Reston Hospital Quality of Care
Our quality initiatives are recognized by a number of national organizations, accrediting bodies and top publications.
- The Joint Commission, the nation's predominant standard-setting and accrediting body for health care, identifies Reston Hospital as a:
- Top Performer on Key Quality Measures™
- Premier Certified Joint Center for Hip and Knee Replacement
- Certified Primary Stroke Center with the Gold Seal of Approval™
- We were first-and the only-in the region to obtain accreditation as a Chest Pain Center with PCI from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care.
- The American College of Surgeons accredited our Ann B. Rodriguez Cancer Center. The Cancer Center is also accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC) and received the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (CoC) Outstanding Care Award.
- In 2012, U.S. News & World Report's annual publication, "Best Hospitals," ranked us seventh out of 59 hospitals in the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area and tenth out of 125 in Virginia for high-performing specialties in gastroenterology, geriatrics, nephrology, pulmonology, neurology and neurosurgery, orthopedics and urology.
- Nurses Improving Care for Health System Elders (NICHE) recognizes Reston Hospital as one of only eight hospitals in Virginia to achieve the patient-centered care for older adults that improves patient outcomes.
- We rank in the top 10 percent of hospitals nationwide by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services on "Core Measures" for:
- Heart Attack or Chest Pain Process of Care
- Heart Failure Process of Care
- Pneumonia Process of Care
- Surgical Care/Infection Prevention
Performance Measured in Black & White
Today as never before, information is available to help healthcare consumers gauge the quality of care provided by hospitals and to compare facilities based on consistent and objective criteria. These criteria are called core measures, established as standards of care by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Reston Hospital Center is dedicated to providing the highest quality of healthcare to our patients-and our pursuit of excellence shows. View and compare our latest quality of care scores as reported by the CMS:
Our Commitment to Patient Safety
Patient safety is a top priority at Reston Hospital Center. We continually work to ensure the highest level of patient safety throughout our facilities-using best practices, improved technology and increasing involvement of patients in their own healthcare. Every member of our staff is dedicated to:
- Providing you with a safe, healthy and secure environment
- Performing his or her job carefully and competently
- Using safe and effective practices and technologies
- Responding to your wants and needs in a timely manner
- Ensuring timely communications between caregivers and patients by answering questions about your treatment and your health, providing you with specific information about your care and explaining changes in your treatment
Infection prevention is a serious challenge facing healthcare organizations around the world. Reston Hospital Center and our parent company HCA are at the forefront of the ongoing effort to protect patients from infections during their hospital stay.
Learn more about our corporate infection prevention programs.