January 04, 2013
Virginia is currently experiencing a high number of flu cases with many reported hospitalizations from serious illness.
For the safety of our patients, visitors and staff during flu season, Reston Hospital Center will be observing the following visitation policies:
- Only adults, ages 18 and older, may visit the hospital
- Children may not visit the hospital unless they are seeking treatment or have a scheduled surgical procedure
- Those with any flu-like illness symptoms are asked to not visit the hospital
- No more than two family members at a time may visit
- Additional measures may apply for the Family Center, Critical Care and Oncology departments including:
- All visitors may be screened for flu-like symptoms
- Visitors are limited to spouses/significant others and grandparents
- NICU - additional measures on case by case basis as approved by physician
- The hospital has masks and hand sanitizer available for visitors
These policies will remain in effect until the end of flu season. Thank you for your cooperation as we work to protect the health of our patients, visitors and staff.