Reston, Virginia — In a ceremony on Thursday, June 5th, Reston Hospital Center awarded seventeen Northern Virginia high school seniors with scholarships in recognition of their excellence in education and passion for pursuing a career in healthcare.
Each year the Medical Staff of Reston Hospital Center offers scholarships to students from local high schools and this year’s gifts totaled $16,000. Over the years, Reston Hospital Center has awarded more than $250,000 in academic scholarships to students in Northern Virginia.
The recipients of the Reston Hospital Center Medical Staff scholarships are:
- Hana Burkly from Oakton High School
- Megumi Chen from McLean High School
- Melissa Cisneros and Elizabeth Kim from Herndon High School
- Jason Cui from Langley High School
- Stephanie Huard and Arnim Jain from South Lakes High School
- Hajran and Khadeeja Inam from Park View High School
- Nawah Karimi from James Madison High School
- Jessica Lindsay from Potomac Falls High School
- Amanda Nelson from Westfield High School
- Ashley Nguyen from Chantilly High School
- Elizabeth Richards from Centreville High School
- Abhinav Seetharaman from Briar Woods High School
- Amil Shekib from Broad Run High School
- Temour Tokhi from Dominion High School
The Reston Hospital Center Medical Staff congratulates these outstanding students, and are proud to support their continuing education and passion for healthcare.
Pictured from left to right, Row 1: Stephanie Huard, Nawah Karimi, Hana Burkly, Ashley Nguyen
Pictured from left to right, Row 2: Jason Cui, Arnim Jain, Temour Tokhi, Dr. Mark Madden, President, Reston Hospital Center Medical Staff, John Deardorff, President/CEO Reston Hospital Center, Megumi Chen, Jessica Lindsay, Elizabeth Richards, Amanda Nelson, Amil Shekib